About the company:
Founded by ex-Apple Product and Engineering leaders, Level is redefining the smart home with technology that is simple, intuitive, useful, and invisible. We recently raised $100M in funding and we're looking to grow our Engineering and Operations teams.
At Level, we take a unique approach to designing products - one that shifts focus from what we make to how we make it and who we make it for. It’s an approach that results in elegant and unique solutions, raising the bar for the entire smart home ecosystem.
It’s also an approach that has led to our partnerships with Apple, Amazon (including Ring integration), Walmart, and other industry leaders – assuring that our products provide solutions that align with the technology choices and preferences of our customers.
About the Role:
As Level grows, we must continue to establish a brand that is synonymous with high quality. This role will support Level Home's multifamily smart apartment platform, Dwelo. Dwelo’s software, hardware, and service platform enable owners and managers of multifamily properties to offer smart homes as an amenity while improving property efficiency. The Director of Service Delivery will play a critical role in building Dwelo’s capability to measure, analyze, and action service issues, therefore allowing us to proactively monitor the health of the fleet and ensuring quality. Reporting to the VP of Customer Success, this role will be responsible for establishing and streamlining service roadmaps, setting goals and guidelines, managing budget and schedules, coordinating managers and departments, and developing strategies to optimize services. When issues arise, the Director of Service Delivery will work alongside various internal stakeholders to identify the root cause of issues and collaborate, develop, prioritize, and deploy a fix before the customer is impacted.
- Manage national delivery operations for cloud based services
- Lead ongoing reviews of business processes and develop optimization strategies
- Work with senior leadership to identify, develop, implement process and system enhancement strategies that will improve our products’ quality and customers’ experience
- Act as the point of contact for systemic service issues and work to provide timely and effective resolutions
- Demonstrate a solid knowledge of the customers' pain points, growth plans and long term strategy to identify opportunities for improvements
- Coordinate business users, development teams and infrastructure support to deliver robust, high reliability systems
- Negotiate maintenance windows for planned and unplanned outages, ensuring current system functionality, compliance, and high availability
- Create value-added reporting for management insights and decision-making by integrating multiple data sources and using data visualization techniques
- Develop program plans, manage projects, collaborate/delegate with cross functional teams, and monitor performance
- Confidently collaborate between technology and support teams and report key executive and client status updates related to platform changes and/or operational issues
- Execute comprehensive network infrastructure and modernization programs that focus on monitoring, cost reduction, and avoidance
- Work with our Failure Analysis Engineer to proactively work through issues, identify trends and patterns, and address them before they become larger problems
- 7+ years of experience in a service organization
- Solid technical knowledge in infrastructure environment including Networking, Cloud based services, Operating systems, Storage, System management suites, ITIL, Virtualization, System Security, system deployment practices and other related skills
- Experienced collaborator, able to work cross functionally with many teams and stakeholders, in particular Engineering and Operations
- Effective communication skills, presenting results to leadership teams and acting as the liaison between engineering and operations
- Strong business management skills; evaluating and anticipating requirements, inventing process and procedure, and collaborating with teams to implement solutions
- Proven program management skills, able to develop and monitor performance of multiple initiatives at once
- Demonstrated experience of interpreting data analysis to identify areas of improvement
- Ability to gather relevant information for reporting, building dashboards, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Good knowledge of system based infrastructure and configuration
- Empathetic to customer issues and passionate about improving customer experience and delivering high-quality products
- Motivated on achieving results and driving continuous improvement in product quality
- Can operate independently and partner effectively across disciplines and geographies
- Ability to work in ambiguous environment under pressure while meeting key deadlines
Level Home Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Level employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got Recruiting covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.