Nomi Health was founded in 2019 as a direct healthcare company with a simple yet bold mission: rebuild the healthcare system so it is accessible and affordable for everyone. We are rebuilding the healthcare system by cutting costs, confusion, and complexity through direct contracts and payment with providers, deep data dives, and convenient patient care.
We are seeking a motivated and growth-oriented Pharmacy Technician to join our team in Salt Lake City, Utah. You will report the Pharmacist in Charge. You will assist in the preparation and distribution of medications, maintaining the drug inventory, maintain patient and pharmacy records in a manner consistent with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations, as well as pharmacy policies and procedures. You will ensure standards of operation are adhered to and when required they perform duties at the sites to support the company’s mission. You will work with the cold chain, warehouse team, couriers, site staff, and senior leadership to ensure company initiatives are supplied and adequately supported.
This position is Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm working onsite at our Salt Lake City location.
How you will make an impact
- Works at Retail, Specialty, Mail Service, Clinic Site, or remote-dispensing site as approved by State Board of Pharmacy
- Interfaces with pharmacists to dispense
- Read and input physician's medication orders
- Prepares, package medications and performs any special handling in accordance with safety measures
- Aids in filling, processing, and dispensing medications
- Works with the Pharmacy Dispensing System (PDS) to interface with eRx systems, inventory, and dispensing medication
- Re-packages and label medications as required
- Adheres to safety practices to ensure quality care for patients
- Helps maintain the drug inventory through inventory control practices.
- Provides customer service by answering phone calls in a prompt and courteous manner
- Triages and prioritize requests
- Checks for expiration dates on medications on a regular basis
- Delivers medication, if required
- Helps medical and testing personnel at remote-dispensing sites with medical/testing tasks when needed
- Supporting sales and program management to ensure needed operational activities to support the growing company’s needs
- Reports all issues to Manager, Supervisor, or other Nomi leadership
- Some travel may be required, including overnight, or alternate work locations
- Independently identify and implement process improvement opportunities
- Assisting and providing immunizations where state/local laws allow
- Other duties as assigned
What we are looking for
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Current pharmacy technician registration/certification
- Pharmacy technician licensure in the state you are working in
- Immunization training is preferred
- Basic mathematics skills including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure
- Effective computer and keyboarding skills
- Working knowledge of Pharmacy Dispensing System (PDS)
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong prioritization skills and an ability to make decisions independently and effectively
- Able to operate equipment such as computers, scan guns, tablet counters, and cash registers
- Familiarity with pharmacy practice settings, legal requirements and limitations, prescription information and calculations, drug identification and generic equivalents, drug manufacturing, packaging and labeling information, and proper drug handling and storage practices
- English language proficiency required, Spanish proficiency is helpful
- Candidates must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
Nomi’s journey is just starting in delivering disruptive healthcare solutions, in partnership with like-minded employers, public sector organizations, advisors (brokers/consultants), and payers/TPAs. We are dedicated to our mission to remove healthcare hurdles and rebuild healthcare the way it should have always been: for everyone.
The system must change, and we’re the ones to do it. Join us on the journey.
· Medical, dental, and vision
· 401(k) with company match
· Fully funded HSA
· Unlimited PTO
· Continuous learning
· Free counseling
· Family leave
Learn more about us